Wednesday 12 September 2012

What's in My Handbag 'Try' YSL Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect





Yves Saint Laurent Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect sample from WIMH - Full size product available from Debenhams or John Lewis - £23

Hi guys! I'm back from my holiday, it was such a great break and lovely sunshine for a week. Now I'm back to reality and have to start thinking about moving back to Manchester to start my second year at university. So apologies if my posts are a bit lacking in the next few weeks; we probably won't have internet for a while boo! Anyway on to this post, enjoy!

What's in My Handbag is a relatively new website dedicated to informing women about beauty products that people love by showcasing the contents of handbags from women with a love of all things beauty; bloggers, journalists, designers, buyers, make up artists and many more. Their website features their online magazine, blog and more recently a 'try' section. Anyone can apply for a beauty try but only a limited amount of them are available. The decision is based upon your beauty profile responses and a different try is available each week for you to apply. 

I received the YSL Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect in a sample size and have been reaching for it nearly every day since! I have tried YSL mascaras in the past but don't think I've actually ever purchased one; I've received them as gifts for Christmas etc. Basically, spending £20+ on a mascara is just not for me. I am normally, admittedly, a bit of a make up snob however high end mascara just doesn't bother me that much. I have long lashes as it is, so I find I can get away with wearing pretty much any mascara from the high street. Don't get me wrong though, I do really like this product, I just can't see myself repurchasing it when I can get the same effect from this high street three times cheaper. 

So on to the actual product. I really like the brush design as it gets those tiny little lashes from both corners of the eye to make lashes look fuller and the eyes bolder. Whilst applying this mascara, it doesn't clump. At all. Most people will definitely see this as a positive, but for me I kind of like clumpy lashes (is it just me?!) as well as this, it doesn't transfer onto the lid or under the eye when it's wet which I absolutely love. It does dry very quickly so I find I have to apply it quite quickly if I want a couple of layers on. 

Overall, I find that the Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect works great to separate and elongate lashes without clumping or looking too extreme. Layering this mascara can create a more dramatic look if that's what you're after, however I feel this shows a more natural 'false lash' effect which I do really like. For me it isn't worth the money, but if you have short eyelashes and would love a longer length, a true black colour and a false lash separation effect then this is definitely one for you!

1 comment:

  1. ah, what a great little product! and a lovely review, sounds exactly like something i would use!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete