Thursday 25 October 2012

Mac Blot Powder Pressed




Blot Powder Pressed in Medium Dark - Mac - £20

Once my student loan came through last month I hurried straight to Selfridges to pick up this beauty from the Mac counter! I'd read so many reviews from people claiming they'd found their holy grail powder, especially coming from people who have oily t-zones like me (bane of my life). So I was so excited to try this out for myself. I got matched with the shade Medium Dark; when I heard this I burst out laughing. Although it claims to add no noticeable colour, it does in fact add a hint of colour and the names of the shades do not match their actual shades, at all! 

The Blot Powder Pressed contains Silica which absorbs excess oils on the face to keep shine away. It can be used all over to set foundation, kept in your bag for touch ups during the day or night, or my personal favourite way of using it, just a couple of dabs on the chin and nose after a sweep of my every day powder- this means it will last forever and my face stays matte all day long!

It has become a staple product to take on a night out, especially because the compact includes a mirror and a puff which is so handy. When I'm at home though I prefer to use my Real Techniques buffing brush due to the hygiene issue of using the puff, putting it back into the product after it's touched the face etc. Using my buffing brush it really gets into the areas I like to cover and feels like it really sets.

Have you tried any products suited for oily skin? How do you banish shine? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like my ideal product I need for my oily skin! I get way too shiny! Sound perfect, may have to try ;) x

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this sounds lovely ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete