Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur


Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur - Boots - £22.50 (200ml) 

I received this as a gift quite a few months ago and was so excited to try it out. It was around the same time the huge hype for micellaire cleansers was about, Bioderma especially! This product is used in the same way; to take make up off using just a cotton pad. 

Lancome describe this as an 'express make-up remover' which should gently remove all types of make up with ease. I agree to a certain extent. This cleansing water is so lovely and gentle on the skin and it really freshens it up. I had absolutely no irritation or break outs when using this product and there are no nasty chemical smells. However it completely lacked the power to remove any eye make up. I therefore found myself using more products to do so which took away from the 'ease' a cleansing water should provide. 

This product, however gentle and kind to the skin, would be best suited to those who enjoy wearing a light face of makeup. It took a good few soaked cotton pads (large ones) until I felt all was removed, even then I had to use a toner and eye make up remover. It is also a product that won't last that long but I suppose this depends on how much makeup you wear and how often you want to use it to remove it. 

Quite a negative review I guess but for some people this would be a great, fresh make up remover. However it's just not for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment